Baby Cauliflower, Tumeric and Tiger nuts | RECIPE
I always take a look on the menu of restaurants I go to and am always a bit disapointed to see the options for people who choose to be vegan or vegetarian. This recipe is a vegan one, but of course, you can switch out any ingredients, or add to them, to cook the dish as you would like to fit the way YOU eat. I would say, most recipes can be adapted (or should be able to be) to your needs and wants and ways you choose to eat and live your life - vegan, vegetarian, pescatarian, plant-based, etc.
Baby Cauliflower, Tumeric and TIGER nuts
Ingredients: 4 baby cauliflowers
1 normal sized cauliflower
300 ml water
2 tsp tumeric powder
baby sorrel leaves, handful
3 garlic cloves, chopped
1 bay leaf
olive oil, to taste
Method: 1. Soak the tiger nuts in warm water for 24 hours. Transfer the tiger nuts and soaking water to a high-powered blender, and until they form a smooth paste, adding water as necessary to allow even blending. Allow the paste to sit in the fridge for an hour to rest, and then spoon it into a sieve and press it through. Discard the fibers of the tiger nuts.
2. Season with tumeric, pepper and salt each baby cauliflower and wrap in tin foil with some olive oil. Cook for 30 minutes in the oven at 180º.
3. Chop up the other cauliflower, add the chopped garlic, onion and bayleaf (saving 2 stalks that you are going to slice raw on a mandolin and use for plating) and cover with the tiger nut milk. Cook until tender. Season with salt and some olive oil. Strain the cauliflower, saving the cooking liquid. Remove the bay leaf. Transfer to a blender and slowly add the liquid until you get a nice puree consistency. Transfer to a piping bag if you want.
4. Slice some tiger nuts into thin slices (or chop them roughly). Save for plating.
5. Take out the baby cauliflower from the oven, remove tin foil.
Plating: 1. Put a two spoonfuls of puré on the plate, in the middle.
2. Place the roasted baby cauliflower on top.
3. Place the sliced raw cauliflower around the baby cauliflower.
4. Decorate with tiger nuts, sorrel leaves and a few dots of puré. Serve.
Photography, plating, recipe and styling by me.
More info: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cakes & Kisses,
EM PORTUGÛES: (em tradução)